It is very important to that your child attends school to ensure continuity of learning, the school day starts with registration at 8.45am and finishes at 3.15pm. This totals 32.5 hours per week including break and lunchtimes.
It is important we know where your child is as we have to instigate an investigation if a pupil is missing from class.
Our Attendance Policy can be found here.
Our 10 point Attendance Reminders:
1. Please take family holidays during the school holidays. Holidays in term time will be result in a fine (£60 per adult, per child)
2. Please call in before 9am if your child is not going to be at school. It saves us having to call you
3. If your child is regularly off due to illness, we will call you for a meeting to see how we can help
4. Absence due to illness can be unauthorised if we suspect your child is well enough to come to school
5. If your child comes into school after 9am, the registers are closed and it counts as 1 session of unauthorised absence
6. Too many unauthorised absences will result in a fine or a referral to our School Attendance Support Officer at Suffolk County Council
7. If your child has a medical appointment, please give school a copy of the appointment so we can authorise the absence
8. If you know there is an unusual or unexpected reason for your child’s absence, please talk to us ahead of time (if possible). We may agree to authorise the absence.
9. 90% - or below - is classed as persistently absent / poor attendance (this is equivalent to a day off every 2 weeks!)
10. If you or your child have any worries about what’s happening or has happened in school please bring your child in to school and talk to us about it. Please do not give your child a day off.