Please click on the latest menu here
You may be aware that the government is currently allocating additional funding to schools in the form of 'The Pupil Premium'. One of the criteria used to calculate this additional funding is the number of pupils at a school who receive Free School Meals (FSMs). In common with most schools it is likely that a number of parents/carers whose children attend Lakenheath fail to claim FSMs, even though they are entitled to them.
As the school will receive additional funding based on the number of children who receive FSMs I am writing to all parents and carers to ask them, if they believe that they may be entitled to claim FSMs for their children and do not already do so, to make a claim. As I am sure you will agree the children at our school can only benefit if we are able to attract additional funding. Not only that, our catering team provides an excellent range of healthy lunch options that are enjoyed daily by a significant number of our pupils. Your child may well be able to access these free of charge.
In order to claim FSMs a parent/carer must be claiming one of the following benefits:
- Income support
- Income-related employment and support allowance
- Income-based job seekers allowance
- Child tax credit (but no working tax credit is being received by the claimant or his/her partner and the combined annual income as assessed by HMIR on a TC602 form is not above £16,190)
- The guaranteed element of pension tax credit
- Asylum seeker under part VI of the immigration and asylum act 1999
- Universal Credit (provided you have an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400 (£616.67 per month), as assessed by earnings from up to three of your most recent assessment periods).
- Please also be aware that new applications for Universal Credit will take approximately 6 weeks to process (longer if the applicant is needing to be assessed) and therefore a child will not be eligible for free school meals until their eligibility has been verified by the Department for Education’s Eligibility Checking System (ECS). We will check their eligibility on a weekly basis until we receive an answer from ECS and will inform you immediately.
If you think that you are eligible to apply for FSMs for your child, or is you are not sure, please talk to the school office.
All applications can be made by clicking on the link below;