Keeping Children Safe Online
Online Safety is an important part of keeping children safe at Lakenheath Community Primary School. We have security measures in place in school, which are monitored both internally and externally, to help safeguard pupils from potential dangers or unsuitable material. Any Online Safety incidents are recorded. Online Safety is taught to all pupils explaining and demonstrating how to stay safe and behave appropriately online.
The most successful way to keep children safe online is to work with parents to ensure the Online Safety message is consistent. It is important that parents speak to their children about how they can keep safe and behave appropriately online.
- National Online Safety – a guide providing some helpful tips on keeping children safe online.
- National Online Safety Facebook page – NOS regularly post guides to support school staff, parents and children with the knowledge they need to understand online dangers and how best to react should an incident arise.
- UK Safer Internet Centre – the latest tips, advice and resources to help children and young people have a safe and positive time online.
- How to deal with social media. https://www.internetmatters.org/resources/social-media-advice-hub/social-media-concerns/#imtips
- GoCompare Online safety - a guide to broadband parental controls and internet safety for children.
Other useful websites
- Internet Safety for Kids
- How to protect children using smartphones
- FACT Digital Parenting
- VPN Guide
We encourage all parents/carers to look through this information and discuss with your child at home to reinforce the messages that we are giving in school.
If you would like to discuss any of what you view here further, please contact school (01842 860256)
If you are worried about something that has happened online you can click on the link to report to CEOP
We have provided some website links, giving advice against a lot of the problems that today’s technology can cause children. They aim to help children, parents, and school staff to help children get all the benefits of modern online technology while, at the same time, avoiding the dangers.
If you know or find any other websites, with regards to child safety on the web, which you think would be helpful to other parents, please do let us know.